100 Fun and Effective Ways to Increase Facebook Likes
Facebook is the most popular social network site. In 2012, it had 845 million monthly active users and 100 billion connections. Businesses everywhere have joined the social media platform to advertise their products and services to this gigantic audience. The only way to put your business in front of your target market is to set up a Facebook page, and encourage people to like it. To do this, start marketing your Facebook page in the following ways.
Increase Facebook Likes on Facebook
1. Design a Facebook banner that is attractive, clear, and informative.
2. Place the link to your page on your personal page.
3. Set up an ad campaign.
4. Create a memorable vanity URL.
5. Comment on other pages that have a target market similar to yours.
6. Network with other page owners, and ask for a like.
7. Post valuable content on your page at least once a day, but as much as 4 times a day.
8. Invite your personal page friends to like your page.
9. Ask personal page friends to share your page with their friends.
10. Join Friday fan party networking events on many social media pages.
11. Ask page owners to feature you on their page if you feature them on your page.
12. Ask current followers to share your page with their friends.
13. Set a goal to reach a certain number of likes, and ask followers if they can help you reach it.
14. Create an attractive landing tab.
15. Place a welcome video on the landing tab.
16. If you’ve held an event, ask people to snap photos, and then upload them to your page tagging themselves.
17. Upload attractive, valuable, and share worthy images with your Facebook page URL on the bottom of them.
18. Hold an event on Facebook.
19. Join the TAG party on SocialMediaHive.
20. Promote the most popular posts.
21. Share other people’s posts.
22. Support a cause such as making a donation for each like.
23. Create a weekly podcast and post the link on your Facebook page.
24. Connect with other business owners to ask if they would be willing to offer a coupon for their services and products, so you can advertise them on your site. Choose a business that doesn’t take customers away from you, but provides services and products that complement yours, so you give more to your target market.
25. Create a Facebook app for your business.
26. Use a reveal tab on the app, which entices people to like your page to receive a free offer.
27. Set up a game on your page such as trivia or online treasure hunt.
28. Invite people to ask questions pertaining to your business, and answer them on the page.
29. Hold a contest on Facebook, but check the rules first.
30. Feature a page of the week or month, so people will hope they will have that same visibility if they like your page.
31. Place a coupon code on your Facebook page for a service or product.
32. Embed “how to” videos on the page to help customers with their products.
33. Create a SlideShare and place the link on the page.
34. Offer a catalog of your items to Facebook users who like your page.
Use Your Website to Get Facebook Page Likes
36. Install a Facebook like button next to all content.
37. Create a video on Facebook, and embed it on your website.
38. Post a video in your blog with your Facebook page URL on the bottom of it.
39. Write a blog post about the content you offer on your Facebook page.
40. Ask people to share content on Facebook that has your page’s URL on it.
41. In any eBooks, white papers, or reports you offer on your site, include the page’s URL.
42. Hold a webinar and advertise it on your blog. Ask people to connect on Facebook.
43. Link your blog’s RSS to your Facebook page to keep fans aware of updates.
44. When people leave a comment on your blog, thank them via email and include the page’s link.
45. Install a plugin that asks people to like your page.
Promote on Other Social Networks
46. Tweet information from your page by connecting Facebook and Twitter.
47. Ask new witter followers to connect on Facebook.
48. Engage with Twitter followers, and then ask them to connect on Facebook.
49. Ask Twitter followers if they would be willing to promote your page to their followers.
50. Connect with LinkedIn users, and ask them to connect on Facebook.
51. Send messages to LinkedIn connections to ask for a Facebook like.
52. Mention your page on status updates, and invite connections to follow you there for additional information about your services and products.
53. Upload videos to YouTube about your products and services, and include your Facebook page URL on the video.
54. Place your page’s URL in the YouTube video’s description.
55. Include your Facebook page URL on your YouTube profile.
56. Ask YouTube viewers to like your videos.
57. Pin videos to Pinterest, and include the URL to your page in the pins’ descriptions.
58. Add the page’s URL to the descriptions of your Pinterest boards.
59. Pin valuable and attractive images to Pinterest with Facebook Page URL on the bottom of them.
60. Post tips on Pinterest typed on attractive images or just a nice background, and then include your page’s URL.
61. Ask Google+ fans to connect on Facebook.
62. Include a benefit of Liking your page in status updates.
63. Join Google+ communities your target market may be involved in, and start a Facebook page link exchange.
64. Join LinkedIn groups and do the same as on Google+.
65. Follow people on Pinterest with interest in your services and products. Many will follow you back when they see the pins you offer, and that gives your page link exposure to them.
66. Direct message people on Twitter for connections.
67. Connect with business owners on Reddit, and give them your Facebook page address for more connecting.
68. Include the page’s URL on business cards.
69. Have a placard on your desk at your place of business with cards that have the URL for your page on them.
70. Post a sign at your business to like you on Facebook.
71. Remind customers of the page and ask for a like.
72. Put the URL on invoices and receipts.
73. Ask people to like your page on printed media such as brochures, newsletters, etc.
74. Include the page’s URL on statements you send in to pay bills.
75. Announce the existence of your page at speaking events.
76. Speak to as many people as possible, and mention your page to them.
77. Order a car window decal with your page’s URL.
78. Have a t-shirt printed with the address on it.
79. Give away pencils or other small gifts with the page’s URL printed on them.
80. Ask local businesses with a similar target market to recommend you by giving out your page’s URL.
81. Include the URL in printed advertisements in local newspapers, magazines, and newsletters.
82. Use flyers to promote your products and services and include the page’s URL along with your phone number.
83. Write an article for your local newspaper and include your Facebook link.
84. If you participate in mobile marketing, send people a text message to ask them to like your page.
Connect Email Contacts
85. Create an email signature with your Facebook page and request people to like it.
86. Include the URL in email marketing.
87. Ask email contacts to forward your newsletter to their friends.
88. Tell email contacts you hold special offers on Facebook, so they will need to like your page to know about them.
89. Personally invite email contacts to like your page.
90. Send a welcome email to new customers with a Facebook link.
91. Send a thank you email to customers with a Facebook link.
92. Send a survey to customers about what they would like to see on your Facebook page, and then ask them to like it.
Bring Fans In from Other Sites
93. Guest post on websites, and include the page’s link in your bio.
94. Include the page’s link in forums posts.
95. Join communities that your target audience is involved in, and include the page’s link in the profile.
96. Advertise your Facebook page on websites your target market frequent.
97. Write a press release about a new service or product, and then include the Facebook page link.
98. Write articles for sites such as eZineArticles.com, and then include the link in the bio.
99. Connect with another business owner to hold a webinar. Promote the webinar on your Facebook page.
100. When you leave a comment on someone’s blog that uses Facebook for comments, make sure to use @ and your Facebook page to tag it.
There you have it! 100 ways to increase Facebook likes. Before you get started though, don’t forget it’s important to entice people to like your Facebook page. Most people will want to hear about specials you are offering, so you can use this to motivate them to like your page. Once you get the like, keep them interested by giving them what you promised. This is only one way to get people to hit the like button, so be creative and think about what your target audience really wants from your business. Before you know it, you’ll have likes coming in faster than you ever imagined.
Comment with Facebook Page Link
Comment with your Facebook page link! Everyone reading this wants to get Facebook page likes, so it just makes sense to post your link here. In addition, if you have any tips not included in this list, feel free to add them here too.